Have you ever wondered what you may be doing in your day-to-day activities that could be detrimental to your health? Oftentimes, we think of the pain we may be inflicting to our physical self, but rarely consider the consequences to our oral health. Your everyday habits may be damaging your teeth. Even if you have impeccable brushing and flossing habits, your teeth could be suffering from even the simplest of tasks. Below are a few questions to see how well you’ve been taking care of your teeth:
– Do you ever chew on ice cubes?
– Do you play contact sports without a mouth guard?
– Do you have a tongue piercing?
– Do you grind your teeth when you sleep?
– Do you ever chew on hard candy?
– Are you a binge eater?
– Do you ever open things with your teeth?
– Do you drink sports drinks or processed juices?
– Do you ever have snacks in between meals?
– Do you ever chew on pens, pencils, or other objects?
If you answered yes to any of the above 10 questions, your habits are damaging your teeth.
If you answered no to all 10 questions, congratulations! You are on the right track to oral hygiene superstardom!
Don’t ever be afraid to take the extra steps necessary to care of yourself, and your oral health. If you would like to know more about what you can do to protect your teeth, please make an appointment with Dr. Elena M. Alexander, Dr. Jared Mayer, and Dr. Timothy Yu by contacting our wonderful team at Sossaman Family Dental via phone at 480-359-1464. You can also stop by our office in Mesa, Arizona. Our dentists are here to help. Let us help you take charge of your future with a healthy smile!