Do you know that gum disease is preventable? Despite gum disease being the leading cause of tooth loss in adults, it is entirely preventable. The expert dentists here at Sossaman Family Dental pride ourselves in providing state-of-the-art quality care to prevent and protect your teeth and gums against the effects of periodontal gum disease. Below are a few signs to tell if you may have gum disease:
– If you have any difficulty speaking or experience pains when chewing, gum disease may be present.
– Constant bad breath or bad taste in your mouth could be a sign of gum disease.
– If your teeth move, change location, or your bite alignment changes, the tissue in your mouth may be wearing down from gum disease.
– Gum disease over time will loosen teeth from the gums. Be aware of any loose or sensitive teeth you may have.
– Check your gums to see if they have receded, or appear to be pulled back from the teeth.
– Look for red, swollen, or extremely tender gums that appear. If the gums bleed easily or constantly, it may be a sign of gum disease.
If you want to learn more about preventing gum disease or want to begin fighting it, we can help. Please make an appointment with Dr. Elena M. Alexander, Dr. Jared Mayer, and Dr. Timothy Yu by contacting our fantastic team at Sossaman Family Dental at 480-359-1464. You can also stop by our office in Mesa, Arizona. Don’t let gum disease control your life. Come in and fight back today!